3.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I have enjoyed using my Miele dishwasher for 6 years.However, I have had to replace the Waterproof System 2 times.

First replacement was after 4 years, and the next one lasted 2 years. I learned from a large retailer/appliance Miele representative in my area that this repair is a very common, repeatedly replaced part in the Optima dishwasher. Miele technician representative blamed the part's short lifespan on the fact 1. my water is too hard, 2.

my hot water heater is set too high, and 3. the service technicians are not Miele trained. However, my neighbor's Miele dishwasher (different series) has not had any issues with hard water and my area's water does not require water softeners for dishwasher functioning. the service technician checked my hot water heater settings, and found them appropriate.

3. Factory trained technicians from a very responsibile retailer installed it correctly. This is a $318.00 service and labor cost I can expect every 2 - 4 years.

I have to buy the part to have on hand, as the dishwasher will be out of commission for 3 weeks, by the time the technicians can schedule me, then order the part, receive the part, and schedule the installation.Luckily, in the past, the breakdown (without warning) was not over a time where I have to prepare for holiday entertaining.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "manufacturer should pay for replacing waterproof system in this model, as the numerous repairs required by this model, is worthy of 'recall'" as the author lost $600. The author is overall dissatisfied with Miele. The most disappointing about miele g 2430 dishwasher from Miele was repeated repair , but reviewer liked basket configuration. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Miele.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Miele to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Miele?

Comments

Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States #1331705

Mine as well.DW installed July 2008.

1st failure March 2014.

Second failure May 2017.Unacceptable for a manufacturer claiming a high quality product.

New York City, New York, United States #1241897

I've had the same problem and the same B/S from meile except the part only lasts about one year.So I checked the water temp and its only 120 and soft.

Fits their parameters. Lo and behold, this time they tell me they redesigned the part because it failed so often.

I refuse to pay for the part and meile relents but I still have to pay $300 for a service call and labor and wait 3 weeks for them to "schedule" me.It's clear, the customer doesn't matter to meile.