2.0
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Miele’s SET 220 Telescopic Electric Quick Connect Wand with plastic Lock Release Button is a DESIGN FAILURE. Do NOT purchase any model Miele vacuum incorporating the SET 220 Telescopic Electric Quick Connect Wand.

I own 2 Miele vacuums and both models incorporate the SET 220 Telescopic Electric Quick Connect Wand. This wand has a plastic Lock Release Button which easily snaps off and cannot be replaced. The fix? There isn’t one. You have to buy a whole new replacement wand.

Each of my Miele vacuums cost $1,000 a piece. I thought I was purchasing quality with Miele but it turns out they were trying to save pennies by specifying plastic where they should have used metal in the design.

The Lock Release Button on the SET 220 Telescopic Electric Quick Connect Wand is a small, cheap plastic tab that releases the wand from the handle. This tab (Lock Release Button) is NOT the same part as the wand extender button, which is also plastic. The wand extender button IS replaceable. The Lock Release Button is NOT. And, when the Lock Release Button snaps off, the electric wand and electric handle no longer maintain a connection. The handle falls off the end of the wand and the entire 2lb. steel wand becomes useless trash.

Each wand costs $120. And every time this Lock Release Button pops off, you are awarded the pleasure of emptying your wallet to that tune, and heaping 2lbs. of steel into a landfill.

I’m a 45 year-old, mature, responsible adult. After I broke the first plastic “button” and got treated to liberating my bank account of $120, I then became VERY careful about vacuuming under furniture. Despite my improved technique, in less than two months the Lock Release Button of my replacement wand snapped off, too! I blamed myself again and bought ANOTHER $120 wand. Then, I REALLY got careful about my vacuuming!

However, today, when I was carefully going under the furniture, ANOTHER Lock Release Button popped off my SECOND replacement wand when it grazed a furniture leg….WTF?! That makes THREE Lock Release Buttons that have snapped off the Miele SET 220 Telescopic Electric Wands during normal use. 3 broken Lock Release Buttons x $120 for ea. wand replacement = $360.

Is this appliance a vacuum, or a piece of grandma’s china!?

Product or Service Mentioned: Miele Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I would like a replacement wand; SET 220 Telescopic Electric Quick Connect Wand .

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 14.

Comments