Ease of Use
Style and Design

I come from a long line of MIELE owners: grand-mothers, mother, cousins, brothers and sisters all have their MIELE because you "only buy one " in your lifetime. So I agreed and purchased a $2700 washer, counting on a long lasting investment. Right after the warranty expired, the washer had a "catastrophic failure". The drum "exploded" during a high spin cycle, cracking it to a no repair status. I called a technician who declared it dead. Miele Tech support received all the photos and also declared it dead and unrepairable. Oh! and by the way, the part no longer exist but we can send you a 15% off coupon to buy a new one.

15% off? ...so you want me to spend 2700 on a machine, then 2300 usd to replace it? I wrote to their CEO about my loss of faith in the company and received a phone call who basically ended up with a 25% off instead of 15%.

So here is the conclusion:

Miele receives bad reviews because pricing is no longer in line with quality. The expectations are high, the delivery is poor. When you sell a "premium" product, you need to step it up. They no longer have a corporate value system that is geared toward customers. Everything is pointing towards a down spiral and degradation of the brand.

Bottom line: my family will never buy MIELE again. That's a forever statement that will cost MIELE all my future generation decisions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Miele Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Read a book on "customer retention"..

I didn't like: Reliability and warranty, No quality control, Miele response to problems, Horrible customer retention policies.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 15.

Comments