3.0
Ease of Use
Style and Design

We did a major kitchen remodel in late 2015 and one of the center pieces was the pair of white glass faced, touch panel controlled Miele ovens (DGC6800, H6800BM).They looked wonderful on our dark walnut wall cabinets, and their brushed chrome handles looked wonderful with our stainless refrigerator, 36" range, 48" hood and other decors.

The features of the combi-steam oven was the reason we picked Miele and (despite an error in manufacturing which cause a service call to replace a incorrectly installed fuse right in the beginning) it's performed satisfactorily so far. I would definitely recommend that combi-steam oven there. The microwave-convect speed oven was selected more or less because it is the same series of the combi-steam oven. Its feature is not as impressive as GE speed oven but we choose Miele 'cause we thought it's trust-worthy German engineering --- It seemed like regrettable mistake now.

In late Sep, 2017 (after ~20 month of use) a lightening struck our street which cause brief power outage to ~30 families. After 3~4Hr the power was restored and all our devices came back to life, other than the Miele speed oven which stuck in the logo display. A service call was made and a technician visited after 18 days of wait. After examining the machine, he told me he first needs to replace two circuit boards before he can run the diagnosis to see what was wrong with the oven; and the estimate cost for this 1st step was $1,500 ($1,250 parts + $250 fee) ...

to get to where he can run the system diagnosis on the oven ... to find out if I need to spend more to fix it. To begin with, this German designed/made Miele failed while all other cheap Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese emerging-country-made products worked was disappointing. The design&test spec of the Miele speed oven simply seemed to be too loose for a house appliance that cost $3,000 MSRP !!

Now that I have spent $7,000 for these pair of German premium products I was expect Miele will repay my loyalty with decent services. Although I can understand $250 for service fees as those technicians reacquire quality training, but by charging $1,500 for replacing a pair of circuit boards (which I est. cost less than $150) seems like Miele is telling me "Forget about repairing this machine, just buy a new one" For a $200 microwave oven, that is definitely what I will do, but for a $3,000 appliance?.... after only 20 month of use?

and after a failure that seems to be rooted in loose requirements in design/test ?This really does not help build loyalty and that make Miele H6800BM truly disappointing.

Review about: Miele H6800bm Oven.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Combi steam oven, Humidity and temperature setting multi-stage cooking.

I didn't like: Poor reliability of speed oven, Error is manufacturing, Wrong fuse was installed in the combi steam oven, Did not extend waranty for time lost due to manufacturing error.

Had an Experience with Miele?

Comments