Featured Not resolved

Great washing machine , shame their customer service take a digital approach to customers issues. So we bought a Novotronic front loader washing machine 5 or 6 years ago , a couple of years ago it stopped working , it was out of warranty so Miele wanted tons of money to inspect the machine with no guarantee that they could fix it economically . Guess what we bought a Beko machine for £200 which has performed flawlessly , is nice and quiet and has a nice economy program.

The Miele has lain in the garage ever since – my wife was nagging me – “what are we going to with it “ , I gave in and said we could sell it for spares on eBay – but before I decided what to do I thought let’s have a look at the brushes , I eventually worked out how to pull off the front panel and extract the brush holder . Upon inspection , one brush was like new , nice and long , the other was a short stub that could never really reach the commutator – I am guessing this was why the machine failed .

Anyway I called Miele UK to get their comments , they said this was a very rare occurance, they said it could be down to a faulty commutator ? I suggested it was a build issue , maybe a snagged spring in one of the brush housings ? I have no doubt that if the wear had been even the machine would still be running today - I suggested they send me some brushes FOC ( they must only cost a few quid to them ) and they said no – it’s out of warranty .

So there you have it , they have no idea how to deal with customers , if you are out of warranty – tough , even if it’s their fault the machine failed . When they work they are great but beware if you ever get any problems out of warranty.

The lady on their switchboard said she was going to put me through to the Triage team – I told her that I was not poorly – it was the machine that was sick !!

Review about: Miele Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Miele?

Comments