Miele – Very Disappointed - Beware
Great washing machine , shame their customer service take a digital approach to customers issues. So we bought a Novotronic front loader washing machine 5 or 6 years ago , a couple of years ago it stopped working , it was out of warranty so Miele wanted tons of money to inspect the machine with no guarantee that they could fix it economically . Guess what we bought a Beko machine for £200 which has performed flawlessly , is nice and quiet and has a nice economy program.
The Miele has lain in the garage ever since – my wife was nagging me – “what are we going to with it “ , I gave in and said we could sell it for spares on eBay – but before I decided what to do I thought let’s have a look at the brushes , I eventually worked out how to pull off the front panel and extract the brush holder . Upon inspection , one brush was like new , nice and long , the other was a short stub that could never really reach the commutator – I am guessing this was why the machine failed .
Anyway I called Miele UK to get their comments , they said this was a very rare occurance, they said it could be down to a faulty commutator ? I suggested it was a build issue , maybe a snagged spring in one of the brush housings ? I have no doubt that if the wear had been even the machine would still be running today - I suggested they send me some brushes FOC ( they must only cost a few quid to them ) and they said no – it’s out of warranty .
So there you have it , they have no idea how to deal with customers , if you are out of warranty – tough , even if it’s their fault the machine failed . When they work they are great but beware if you ever get any problems out of warranty.
The lady on their switchboard said she was going to put me through to the Triage team – I told her that I was not poorly – it was the machine that was sick !!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Miele Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I own two Miele products, a double convection oven and a Miele dishwasher. It will be the LAST products I ever purchase from Mile. Should I encounter any person..."
- "the new wave oven dome cracks under warranty u call to get a replacement one they sell you a upgraded one with three year warranty, caws they claim they no..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Please find enclosed details of my recent experience with Europcar in Manchester. I am launching a claim against the company today in the Small Claims Court but I believe there..."
- "Paid for a replacement screen for an iphone 6. They only replaced the glass (cost of parts about £3) not the screen and did it very badly. There was clouding..."
- "Sears – You might be better buying from a car boot or street cornerWhat do you expect when you buy from a street stall?An apparent bargain that doesn’t live up..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."