Miele – Very Disappointed - Beware
Great washing machine , shame their customer service take a digital approach to customers issues. So we bought a Novotronic front loader washing machine 5 or 6 years ago , a couple of years ago it stopped working , it was out of warranty so Miele wanted tons of money to inspect the machine with no guarantee that they could fix it economically . Guess what we bought a Beko machine for £200 which has performed flawlessly , is nice and quiet and has a nice economy program.
The Miele has lain in the garage ever since – my wife was nagging me – “what are we going to with it “ , I gave in and said we could sell it for spares on eBay – but before I decided what to do I thought let’s have a look at the brushes , I eventually worked out how to pull off the front panel and extract the brush holder . Upon inspection , one brush was like new , nice and long , the other was a short stub that could never really reach the commutator – I am guessing this was why the machine failed .
Anyway I called Miele UK to get their comments , they said this was a very rare occurance, they said it could be down to a faulty commutator ? I suggested it was a build issue , maybe a snagged spring in one of the brush housings ? I have no doubt that if the wear had been even the machine would still be running today - I suggested they send me some brushes FOC ( they must only cost a few quid to them ) and they said no – it’s out of warranty .
So there you have it , they have no idea how to deal with customers , if you are out of warranty – tough , even if it’s their fault the machine failed . When they work they are great but beware if you ever get any problems out of warranty.
The lady on their switchboard said she was going to put me through to the Triage team – I told her that I was not poorly – it was the machine that was sick !!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Miele Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I was just told there are no design flaws with Miele kitchen appliances by customer service however..... you should not drop items in refridegerator or it will cost 2000k to..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "Placed an order with them as I needed a cheap LED Desk Lamp. The order did not arrive until 3 WEEKS later. Just opened it after i got back from..."
- "I purchased a pre rolled pizza base on baking paper from my local aldi supermarket.(requires no rolling) After I topped and cooked the said base. I sat down to enjoy a..."
- " Examkiller IBM 000-528 - WebSphere ILOG JRules 6.x Adv.Application Development. Pass Your IBM 000-528 Exam with 100% Guaranteed at first attempt today with Examkiller. Examkiller is known for its High Quality..."
- "Good deals on furniture, a decent warrantee, but BAD delivery. They must hire on-the-cheap, because these guys not only did extensive damage to my home, they could not even bring..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."