MIELE REFRIGERATOR HANDLE ISSUE

8 of 235 Miele reviews

Hi,

I too have the same fridge (K 14820 SD ed/cs) and yep - the exact same issue. This product matches the "side by side" style freezer, (I have the freezer too) which incidentally has the exact same handle - but the refrigerator handle should be WAY more robust for the fridge because of course, (1) it will have more frequent usage and (2) it will have items in the door, making it a heavier door to open. (Did the designer/s not factor these obvious points into the design?)

My freezer door handle (you'll notice it in one of the photos) has never yet needed to be replaced and that's since 2011 when both items were delivered, and is still going strong.

I already paid (2 years ago) for a new handle for the fridge. The handle was then cracked and wobbly so I had to replace it.

Having realised just a couple months ago that the fridge handle seemed to be becoming a little loose/wobbly (again!) - this morning (12/10/16) it actually came off in my hand! It's completely sheared off. A nasty crack being the cause. This is clearly a design fault! This handle has only been going and in use for 2 years! So far therefore, it seems that this will happen every 2-3 years!? Madness! I cannot afford that! The handle itself is ridiculously heavy. There's no wonder that the thinner part of the aluminium mechanism cannot withstand repeated opening and closing of the fridge door, and it's at this same 'pressure' point where the handle has simply sheared off. It is a definite design fault!

We are NOT heavy handed. My husband works full time. My daughter is at school she's 13. I work part time. Therefore, it's not as if there's 20 people here full time, constantly using the fridge.

My advice is - DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM, NOR ANY OTHER THAT HAS THE SAME STYLE OF HANDLE WITH THE SAME USEAGE EXPECTATION.

Miele have advised me to return the handle - which will be very expensive for me as its so heavy! I had saved and treated myself to these products and I wish I had never done so. I shall never buy a Miele product again. Oxon customer services are unsympathetic and frankly have not been very helpful so far. Onus seems to be always, but always, on the customer. This makes me feel like upmarket brands act arrogant just because of who they are.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use
Style and Design

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
1. Answer my review point by point. 2. Send 2 x new handles to me WITHOUT ANY CHARGE so that I have at least 4 more years use out of an otherwise great fridge!
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Miele Refrigerator K14820 Sd Ed Cs
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #935222 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Miele? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 235 Miele reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Miele. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Miele.
Filing a new complaint about
×