Miele Front Load Door Gasket Easily Damaged

After getting a response from Miele customer service that the damage to the washer door gasket is not covered by warranty, I'm left to consider the cost of replacing the door gasket. Actually, I accept that I'm responsible for this damage. Apparently a shirt tail or part of some garment was left hanging out and when the cycle started it was pulled into the washer as the drum started to spin thus ripping the gasket.

I had a Kenmore front loader for 12 years and never had any such problem. Better design, I think. Since I have a stacked dryer on top, I have to imagine the repair cost will be considerable since two techs will have de-stack the dryer first. I learned that the top panel of the washer must be removed in order to get at the inner gasket retainer band. Too bad for me that this machine is so difficult to repair.

So, a warning to all: make sure your laundry is safely tucked inside the washer before starting it! Miele does provide a brief graphical warning in the users guide but no mention of the ramifications.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.