Alexandria, Ontario
4.0

After getting a response from Miele customer service that the damage to the washer door gasket is not covered by warranty, I'm left to consider the cost of replacing the door gasket. Actually, I accept that I'm responsible for this damage. Apparently a shirt tail or part of some garment was left hanging out and when the cycle started it was pulled into the washer as the drum started to spin thus ripping the gasket.

I had a Kenmore front loader for 12 years and never had any such problem. Better design, I think. Since I have a stacked dryer on top, I have to imagine the repair cost will be considerable since two techs will have de-stack the dryer first. I learned that the top panel of the washer must be removed in order to get at the inner gasket retainer band. Too bad for me that this machine is so difficult to repair.

So, a warning to all: make sure your laundry is safely tucked inside the washer before starting it! Miele does provide a brief graphical warning in the users guide but no mention of the ramifications.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Miele and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about miele dryer from Miele was door gasket design , but reviewer liked delivery men. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Miele.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Miele to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Miele?

Comments