Alexandria, Ontario

After getting a response from Miele customer service that the damage to the washer door gasket is not covered by warranty, I'm left to consider the cost of replacing the door gasket. Actually, I accept that I'm responsible for this damage. Apparently a shirt tail or part of some garment was left hanging out and when the cycle started it was pulled into the washer as the drum started to spin thus ripping the gasket.

Related: Miele has completely failed me on customer service

I had a Kenmore front loader for 12 years and never had any such problem. Better design, I think. Since I have a stacked dryer on top, I have to imagine the repair cost will be considerable since two techs will have de-stack the dryer first. I learned that the top panel of the washer must be removed in order to get at the inner gasket retainer band. Too bad for me that this machine is so difficult to repair.

So, a warning to all: make sure your laundry is safely tucked inside the washer before starting it! Miele does provide a brief graphical warning in the users guide but no mention of the ramifications.

Review about: Miele W 1623 Front Load Washing Machine.

I liked: Delivery men.

I didn't like: Door gasket design.

4.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Miele Dryer
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Miele?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.