We have a built-in Miele M8261 Microwave oven that is around 3.5 years old. The front panel came loose and dropped on one side, so we called up Miele service here in Singapore.
We were quoted $100 for the callout charge and that a new front panel would be $895. With GST over $1000 for the repair.
Thinking that they had misunderstood that the front panel was not broken, it was only loose we called back and were then told that they cant re-fix the front panel it can only be replaced.
Unwilling to pay this much I removed the knobs and detached the front panel, only to find its held on with double sided tape..!!!
Shame on you Miele. Firstly for using such a poor method of attachment in the first place. Secondly for refusing to carry out what is a very simple and quick repair (The replacement tape cost $4.90..)
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Miele M 8261 Microwave
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "Hi, I too have the same fridge (K 14820 SD ed/cs) and yep - the exact same issue. This product matches the "side by side" style freezer, (I have the freezer..."
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "I paid about USD$37 for a dress from Rosewe(on the left), and what i received was such a drastic difference in term of fabric quality, lace design, with inner lining..."
- "Fedex sent a parcel that i ordered to me on 09/12/14 at 11.08am. As i was at work , i reached home at 1.30pm and tried to call the hotline...."
- "Good morning . I'm your regular customer . I really pissed off when i see this . You guys should seperately the gravy . Now how i want to eat..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."