We have a built-in Miele M8261 Microwave oven that is around 3.5 years old. The front panel came loose and dropped on one side, so we called up Miele service here in Singapore.

We were quoted $100 for the callout charge and that a new front panel would be $895. With GST over $1000 for the repair.

Thinking that they had misunderstood that the front panel was not broken, it was only loose we called back and were then told that they cant re-fix the front panel it can only be replaced.

Unwilling to pay this much I removed the knobs and detached the front panel, only to find its held on with double sided tape..!!!

Shame on you Miele. Firstly for using such a poor method of attachment in the first place. Secondly for refusing to carry out what is a very simple and quick repair (The replacement tape cost $4.90..)

Review about: Miele Microwave.

Had an Experience with Miele?

Comments

MIELE REFRIGERATOR HANDLE ISSUE Miele "Hi, I too have the same fridge (K 14820 SD ed/cs) and yep - the exact same issue. This product matches the "side by side" style freezer, (I have the freezer..." Read more Miele - DISSATISFIED EXTREMELY Miele "I bought the Miele HB5040 COMBI OVEN purely for the SS/metal interior surface.I thought it is the optimum surface to maintain easily and consistently with a wipe down and no..." Read more Miele hate them! Miele "I was just told there are no design flaws with Miele kitchen appliances by customer service however..... you should not drop items in refridegerator or it will cost 2000k to..." Read more 3 different Miele appliances - all falling apart within 5 years! Miele "We purchased a Miele dishwasher, washing machine and dryer 5 years ago. The dishwasher never functioned properly and would give an error message everytime you started a cycle. ..." Read more Tophatter - BUYER BEWARE!!! ACTUALLY, JUST STAY AWAY!!! Tophatter "STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! I was excited when I first found it, and ordered 30+ things in the first week! As they came in, there was something..." Read more Swagtron sent me a dangerous unit, refused to take responsibility afterwards Swagtron "I sent in a swagtron scooter for tire replacements in August. They sent me back my unit with multiple unauthorized repairs done, including a replacement engine with fewer gear options...." Read more Pepperfry - Cheap & Fake Quality Products along with No Returns Pepperfry "Hi there, This is your valuable customer who had placed Order: 303369106 through which Duplicate Tupperware Bottles were delivered to me. I even confirmed that these Bottles were Duplicate by..." Read more Guardsman - The worst shopping experience of my life Guardsman "I am extremely let down by Guardsman and Nebraska Furniture Mart. I feel very taken advantage of. I saved money to purchase a leather sectional and purchased the protection plan...." Read more